Thursday, November 23, 2006

Statistics?

So I was thinking about writting these 2 blogs a day. Thats right kids, you haven't forgotten that I am in the middle of the 30 day blogging challenge. 2 blogs a day. I'm cranking out more crap than you kids can shovel.

I am going to try to find a way to figure out how much I've written without having to go back and count everything. I would love to know exactly how many words I've written, and how many words per blog I average. Stupid stuff like that. I am sure there could even be better stats, like topics versus words written.

I imagine that my averages are fairly low. These blogs don't exactly take me all day to write and most of them are silly. Such as the Turkey Day Hiaku I wrote yesterday.

How am I going to do this? Well, I might have to write a computer program to do it. Uh Oh. Someone might actually be using their degrees. (notice the plural, i'm not bragging i'm just saying.) If I could figure out how to connect to the database that stores all these blogs, I'm sure a few simple queries could generate all the stats my little heart desires. In fact, I would be really surpised if Google didn't offer a simple API to run these queries. That would be kind of sweet, and I could crank out this little project in an hour or two. I'll let you know how it goes.

All rightie, Have a Happy Turkey Day!!!

No comments: