Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bouldering Improvement

I hit up the Rock Gym after work. It was nice to see some definite improvement in my bouldering skills. I did several new routes and was able to make somewhat decent attempts at routes that I thought were previously unatainable. These problems are going to be soon within my abilities. My forearms get really pumped because I don't exactly use the most efficient form and I rely alot on my height to get me through problems.

The real negative from rock climbing at the gym is that I am a "death gripper". I grab the handholds with too much force. These leads to an excessive amount of callouses and blisters to appear on my hands the day afterwards. Rough hands are not sexy.

On a side note, Two burritos do not make great pre-rock climbing dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep at it and you will learn to be less forceful on the handholds as i used to have the same problem it takes a while but good luck.