Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Parisian Hangover

Today I am coining a new term. Yes, I am allowed to do this. I will call it a "Parisian Hangover". Here is how it will be defined in the dictionary.

Parisian Hangover n.
1) The combined headache and tiredness of returning to the United States after repeatedly drinking espresso during your extended stay in Paris.
2) The combined headache and tiredness of returning to the United States after repeatedly drinking too much wine during your extended stay in Paris.
3) The v.d. and combined headache your life turns into after dating Paris Hilton for an extend period of time.

I am currently suffering from the first and most formal definition of the Parisian Hangover. Thanks to the Lavazza espresso you see pictured in the left.

My head will not stop hurting. I know it is a lack of caffeine because every time I drink a cup of coffee it goes away for 20 minutes. It is going to be a few very painful days as my body readjusts to lack of caffeine. If anyone has any tips to cure me, please let me know. One home remedy I have found is Stoudt's Winter Ale replaces the headache for about an hour. After the hour I need to grab another winter ale.

I should not have had so much coffee (un cafe, merci bo que) but it tastes really good and with an ad campaign like this how could i resist?

No comments: