Wednesday, August 23, 2006

7.99 for a song and thanks for the memories . . .

I ran my sub 20 minute 5k yesterday!!!! YEAH!!!!
my official time was 19:59.1. Thats right kids, i barely made it. There were some tense moments near the finish.

So i just bought Soundgarden's 1996 release, Down on the Upside for 7.99 off of itunes for really just one song. On it there is a song called, "Blow up the Outside world" that reminds me of my senior year of high school.

See, I moved my senior year of high school, and i wasn't exactly pleased about it. Well, I would wake up really early in the morning to get to school. I think my first class started at 7:20 am and it was always dark out cause it was Northern Mass. I would have my alarm set to radio so I could listen to music as I try to get up. I specifically remember on multiple occasions waking to the open line of this song while I still lie in bed. Which has Chris Cornell (the lead singer of Soundgarden) whispering "Nothing seems to kill me, no matter how hard I try" I always thought that was a great song to start my day back then. Somedays, I still think it is.

All right time to get ready for Fantasy Football Draft!!! Enough sad memories.

No comments: